Dawn comes by her passion for nature quite honestly. Her mother, a nurse and avid gardener, loved to be outdoors. With her father employed as a Conservation Officer, Dawn quickly came to love all elements in nature she encountered daily in Saskatchewan’s Provincial Parks. She has been deeply influenced by the vast diversity of Canadian regions which she has resided, from the living sky of Saskatchewan, vibrancy of the Yukon, lush forests of B.C, to the colorful parks of Ontario.
Dawn’s rooted connection to nature inspires her emotional impressionistic
compositions bathed in a rich colourful palette. With an affection for endurance sport, she is a seasoned marathon runner, avid cyclist, Ironman participant and happy wilderness wanderer.
Many public, corporate and private collectors have acquired Dawn’s works, in Canada and internationally. Two of her paintings purchased by Mr. Shurniak, ensures her work will permanently be exhibited among the masters, including her hero’s, The Group of Seven, Robert Genn, Allen Sapp and Doris McCarthy.
Her work has been represented in galleries in Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon, Victoria, N. & S. Carolina, and now, her primary dealer, the Hambleton Galleries in Kelowna, B.C.
In 2009 Dawn was selected to be a Signature member of the prestigious AFC Foundation (Artists for Conservation).
Dawn’s work has been featured in the National Post, Homes Magazine, Lasalle Post, Hudson Bay Review, Windsor Star, Red Lake News, Watrous Manitou.
In 2011 Dawn was sought out to be one of 7 Canadian artists, including Robert Bateman for the Boreal project. She spent 30 days deep in the boreal wilderness with iconic Canadian photo journalists the McGuffins and wildlife artist Julia Hargreaves.
A strong supporter of charities, Dawn donates work each year in support of various fund- raising activities.
- ▪ 1983 – Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan – Juried – awarded honorablemention
- ▪ 1983 – North Battleford Saskatchewan – Juried – provincial exhibition
- ▪ 1983 – Meadow Lake Saskatchewan Library solo exhibition
- ▪ 1996 – Victoria British Columbia Eaton’s Centre
- ▪ 2003 – Farmhouse Pottery – Hockley Valley – Spring
- ▪ 2003 – Burdette Gallery Group Show – Spring
- ▪ 2003 – Farmhouse Pottery Guest Art Fall Tour
- ▪ 2004 – Burdette Gallery Group Show – June
- ▪ 2004 – Headwaters Studio Tour September – October
- ▪ 2005 – Legacy Wild – London Exhibition
- ▪ 2011 – 30 day Boreal Expedition/ Art & Science project with JuliaHargreaves & the McGuffin’s.
- ▪ 2016 – Ranchmen’s Art Exhibit~ Calgary.
- ▪ 2018- Shurniak Gallery Solo Show Oct-Dec.
- ▪ 2018 – Watrous Art Collective- Solo Show Dec 17-22
- ▪ 2018- Winter Group Show- Hambleton Galleries